On Tue, 08 Aug 2000, you wrote:
> During the 7.1 install, the ide-probe always locks up my system - BE6 w/
> hpt366 onboard 450 P3, 9.1 quantum fireball udma66 -  I thought it might
> be the bios, but after I upgraded that to the latest ( id QP ) it still
> locks up.  Are there any command line arguments I could send to
> disable/restrict what it scans for??
>
> Thanks,
> Tim Wojtaszek

Due to Mandrake use of pentium optimizations (instead of i386 like most other
distros and windows) and Quantum's failure to comply with the pentium spec
(still distributing drive that don't mesh with pentium optimized timings),
Quantum drives don't play well with Mandrake. Download the i486 optimized
mandrake and it should work. (Or get another drive if possible).

--
-David Talbot

So long as the government has the power to invade our lives, rummage through
our records, and take what it wants from our income, we will have only as
much freedom and take-home pay as the politicians condescend to let us have.

-Harry Browne Libertarian Canidate for President (www.HarryBrowne2000.org)