> -----Original Message-----
> From: Bob Puff@NLE [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]

First, please keep your messages separated by topic (and make sure the
subject line is appropriate).

> #3. I posted this one last week and got 0 replies.  How do

Well, this is a VOLUNTEER list. Generally, if someone knows the answer to
your question (and is interested in divulging it) you get a response.
Otherwise tough luck.  You already get more than you paid for.

> you do port forwarding
> with the new ipchains?  The IPCHAINS howto was written prior
> to the new format.
> Specifically, how do you use ip_portfw and ip_autofw?

Those are the OLD tools (ip_portfw and ip_autofw).  Kernels 2.2.x use
IPCHAINS and the howto is correct because I used it to configure my firewall
at home.   NOTE: the tools are changing again in 2.4.x supposedly for the
better.

> #4. I installed the RealAudio basic server version 7.  It
> worked the first time,
> but now I don't know how to start it back up (after a
> reboot).  What command
> turns this puppy on?

Didn't it come with any documentation?  Did you install from an RPM?  Look
at the file list of the RPM or tarball for a clue to the daemon name.

> If this isn't the place for answers to any of the above
> questions, please point me
> in the right direction!!!

After 10 years on the 'net, I really wonder if there is a good place to go
for answers (although I'm happy with the response I get on this list).

Matthew Zaleski