On Wed, 16 Aug 2000, you wrote:
> I have a persistant problem: every now and then (not always) when I
> restart my machine, fsck reports: "/dev/hda7 contains a file system
> with errors, check forced" (hda7 is my root-partition). It then finds
> about 10 problematic files saying "Setting filetype for entry XXX in
> YYY to 6".
>
> Now I have figured out that not only are these "files" the same every
> time but: THEY ARE ALL SOCKETS! Can anyone explain why this causes a
> (as it seems false) problem for fsck, and what I can do to explore
> this further?
>
> I use a Dell laptop with a IBM-KDLA-23240 hard-disk, and my Linux
> partition is about 1.9G.
>
> Jesper

Can you post the names of the files its complaining about?

--
-David Talbot

So long as the government has the power to invade our lives, rummage through
our records, and take what it wants from our income, we will have only as
much freedom and take-home pay as the politicians condescend to let us have.

-Harry Browne Libertarian Canidate for President (www.HarryBrowne2000.org)