Sory, john...

This time it is not sympa, it is our mailserver, DNS and god knows what
else not playing nice, and believe me I'm quite pissed of myself
too. Charles has promised that at least the DNS problem should be solved
"soon", but there is basically nothing I can do at the moment :-(

I really do not understand it: sympa picks up the mail, gives it to
postfix, and postfix is supposed to deliver it.

This receipt:

# We will not tolerate any X-Loop-s!
:0:
* X-Loop:.*\@(linux\-mandrake|mandrakesoft)\.com
 mail/Xloop

should strike in case of the loops, and there is no chance of
sympa-caused dupes because its queue is empty. (Hm, maybe I'm wrong on
this one... But i have never seen much more than 2-3 messages in the queue
since i switched to a new server, so if sympa dies it should at least not
cause MANY dupes.)

In short, I do not understand what is going on, and prefere to hack on
mandrakeforum.com at the moment than kill myself looking at mailserver
gone mad. When Charles tells me that our DNS entry is OK, I'll look at it
again.

###############
I wrote the text above yesterday. Today, mailserver seams to be working
very nicely for the first time since we made a switch. But DNS is still
troublesome:

Aug 18 03:55:33 yavin
postfix/smtp[10490]: D9E111CE6E: to=<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
relay=tdwarf.arc.nasa.gov[128.102.217.54], delay=28725, status=deferred
(host tdwarf.arc.nasa.gov[128.102.217.54] said: 450 Client host
rejected: cannot find your hostname, [63.209.80.226])

Forum is still experimental, buggy, and and its machine can not handle
much load, but it is much more fun than mailing lists, i like working on
it, and it does not cause any mail-loops or bounces. :-b

cu
        Denis