Hello Mark,

CL was probably the wrong initials to use. I think correctly it is Command
Line Interface and it's a godsend. I seem to have a big permissions
problem. I can't use KDE for anything except to play cards because I can't
do anything on my machine except as root. Getting on line and answering
mail or surfing as /root in Netscape is out of the question.

However I can get on line with "ifup", change terminals, log in as /usr and
send/receive PINE mail as well as use the "talk" command to contact my
guru. Linux us fun and powerful. It just takes time and patience to learn.
In my case I need rote..which is what I get with the CLI, so it serves a
dual purpose.

Pj

Hi Pj,

All right...I'll bite. What's CL?