Caleb Crome wrote:

> Hi,
>         I just upgraded my Mandrake 7.1 installation to the 2.2.16
> kernel, however
> silly me, I figured, "it'll just work," so I didn't create a backup
> configuration in my lilo.  Now I can't reboot because the installed
> kernel
> won't mount the reiserfs.
>
> (Yes, I know that I should have following the upgrade directions, but
> didn't realize that until too late)
>
> I can't seem to mount the drive from a boot floppy.  To make matters
> worse,
> the system's on a laptop, so I can't plug the drive into my desktop to
> modify it there.
>
> Any ideas how to fix it?

Yea, trash .16 it sucks, caused some lost sectors in my system. Damn
mandrake for releasing .16 like it's stable or something. Wait till you
see a real stable version hit.

Your old kernel should still be there, look for it. If you have to,
remove the drive and connect it via a $10 adaptor to your IDE desktop
system. Laptops are easy to take drives out of (most of the time).