I've installed 7.1 a few times now and can't get past the X install.  I just
get a black screen.  cntrl-alt-bkspce doesn't help either.  I can't
switch to another virtual terminal (alt F2, alt F3, etc.).  I have to reboot
the machine and do a manual install of X4.0 with the binaries from
Xfree86.  I can't get the resolution to 800x600 which is necessary for access
to all the options on some program windows.  When installing 7.0 I had the same
problem and installed x3.3.6 manually and could get it running with a good
resolution and depth.  I have a S3Trio3d card which is suppose to be
supported for higher resolution.  Why won't mandrake properly set up X for me?