On Tue, 22 Aug 2000, Sarang Lakare pushed some tiny letters in this order:
> Hi,
>
> I have a 133MHz bus.. but during bootup it says:
>
> ide:Assuming 33MHz system bus speed for PIO modes; override with idebus=xx
>
> what does this mean? Can  I set the bus speed to 133MHz by simply adding
> "idebus=133" at boot time? will everythign still work properly?
>
> -sarang

EEEK! No don't touch it. The 133Mhz refers to your Front Side Bus (FSB). The
speed at which your cpu runs at is a certain multiple (5,5.5,6 etc) of this
FSB. The 33Mhz refers to the speed of your PCI bus, which if is
clocked any higher a lot of devices will become flaky or not work at all.

Tony