On Wed, Aug 23, 2000 at 11:27:45AM -0500, Richard Humphrey wrote:

>    I am using LM 7.1 in a dual boot scenario with Win98 (for my wife) and
>    she usually reboots into Windows and checks her email, then restarts
>    the machine so Linux will boot back up. There are times that I need to
>    get access from work, and I would like to know if there is a way to
>    set it up so that the machine will email me when it boots back up to
>    let me know it is online again. Any help would be appreciated.
>
>    Richard

See "man mail" for how to do automated mail in scripts. Write your
script. Then call it from /etc/rc.d/rc/local.

Alternatively, assign it one IP address as a W9x machine, and another as a
Linux box, and ping the Linux IP address as needed.

--

                -- C^2

No windows were crashed in the making of this email.

Looking for fine software and/or web pages?
http://w3.trib.com/~ccurley

PGP signature