On Thu, 24 Aug 2000, Peter M Aarestad pushed some tiny letters in this order:
> Now, this is weird. I'm trying to compile a program (yudit, in
> particular) that has
>
> #include <iostream.h>
>
> in one of its header files. Pretty normal header file for C++, right?
> Well, g++ chokes back that it can't find it! I tried a simple "hello
> world" program using iostream.h in the same way, and it wouldn't compile
> that, either. Now, mind you, it compiles other programs just fine, like
> code using <stdio.h>, but I think it's having problems finding the ANSI
> C++ files. What gives? Is there an easier solution than making symlinks
> to each and every header file in the /usr/include root directory?
>
> -peter

Does the file actually exist in either /usr/include/g++-2 (for egcs c++) or
/usr/include/g++-3 (for gcc std c++ lib) ? If it doesn't you need to grab at a
minimum either one of these packages:
libstdc++-devel-2.95.2-7mdk
egcs-c++-1.1.2-28mdk

If it does exist then maybe you're include directories aren't setup right. Try
compiling with the switch -I/usr/include/g++-3 or whatever directory.

HTH,
Tony