I don't quite understand.

Have you tried copying your new site's contents into /home/httpd/html?

(Make sure you "su" to gain root privileges for the copy)

Any luck then?  And give specific error messages.

One other thing: there is a file called /var/log/httpd/error_log that
might be of use.  Read it; it doesn't seem that you're late enough in the
process of using your web server for it to be useful, but if there's
anything in it, say so!

I have to go to sleep right now, but I'll get back in touch within a few
hours.  Good luck!

Sincerely,

Asheesh.

--