Hi,

I'm trying to install Mandrake 7.1 on a machine with a Mylex DAC960PG RAID
as the root device. The CD-ROM drive is on an AIC-7890 and is detected by
the first stage of the installer, but when I try to manually add the DAC960,
it can't find the device. That's not an immediate problem, because I can
choose again in the main installer program, add the DAC960 and install with
no problems.

When I reboot, the kernel can't load the module for DAC960:

kmod: failed to exec /sbin/modprobe -s -k block-major-48, errno = 2
VFS: Cannot open root device 30:05

I can't understand why this doesn't work, because I'm sure it used to!

Any ideas?

John-Paul Smith