* On Thursday, August 31, Sarang Lakare wrote:
> No you don't have to [reboot].. as I had mentioned in a previous emial.. a simple
> "init 3" followed by "init 5" would have helped :).. I like the challange
> of doing everything (but kernel upgrade) w/o rebooting :))

Well, what would be the difference between running init 3/5 and a soft
reboot? In my opinion, it's the same thing. Both ways, init is the
first process to start. Not rereading bios settings is the only difference I
can think of. Init is in effect a reboot.

Jesper

--
Jesper Holmberg            "But how can one be warm alone?"