Greetings everyone.

I'm about to get RoadRunner through my local cable company, and I've done
some research, but I'd like someone to double-check me.

I've already set up a small metwork with my wife's Win98 machine, and we can
share the internet connection through dial-up. I know I have to get one more
ethernet card, but that's not a big deal.

Eth0 currently goes out to the local network, so eth1 will go to the cable
modem. I've set up the firewall with pmfirewall already, but I know I'll
have to re-run the setup script to change the external connection.

It's not a static ip, so I know I'll need to run either dhcp or pump. I
gather from past messages that Mandrake defaults to pump, is this correct?
Does it really matter?

Do I need to be concerned about PPPoE? How will I know if this I should?

Anyone else have any experience with the RR service in Kansas City that may
have some gotchas to look out for?

Thanks in advance.

Wayne