Hi!

I installed the mdk7.1, and at the first boot I have a kernel panic:
cannot mount root fs, just before init.
I have this error message:

EXT2-fs error (device ide0(3,65)): ext2_check_descriptor: Block bitmap
for group X not in group (block Y)!
EXT2-fs: group descriptors corrupted!
(where X and Y are differents from boot to boot)

and sometimes:
EXT2-fs: #fragments per group too big: 2147516416

With the rescue mode of the mdk CD I have execute an "e2fsck -fv" and it
report no error, and I can mount and browse the partition with no
problem.
A low level format reveal no bad tracks.

But there is *no* problem with the mdk7.0.
I did an upgrade from 7.0 to 7.1 and I obtain the same error, "EXT2-fs
error blah blah" and Kernel Panic.
I tested Lilo and Grub: same result.

The hard-disk is relatively older: Western Digital Caviar 3.2Go.
Sorry for my bad english !

Thanks.
Nicolas Justin  -  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>