On Sat, 06 May 2000, you wrote:
<snip>
> I have used PMFirewall as well, only it does not  configure an outgoing
>DHCP server correctly, I intend to build my own firewall.
<snip>
>I think that I'm going to read the entire IPChains HOW-TO and
>IPMasquerading HOW-TO this week-end :-D

The IP Chains and Masquerading HOWTOs are the places to figure out the
core of the packet filter system.  Well written with examples that
actually work :)  However they will give you no information about DHCP.
DHCP has nothing to do with firewalls, packet filtering or masquerading.
There is a mini HOWTO I believe about setting up ISC's dhcp server and
client under Linux.  Mandrake includes these packages on the CDs .  I have
not had the need to set up a server so I cannot give better information
about the process, but it would be necessary to install dhcpd and
dhcp-client, and possibly dhcp-relay if you need to bounce packets across
a subnet to the dhcp server.  I would suggest the man pages (of course :)
) as well as ISC's web site http://www.isc.org/dhcp.html for further
information since you are already spending the weekend in documentation...
:)

--
Matthew Micene
Systems Development Manager