From: Lyle [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, September 08, 2000 5:46 PM
To: LM expert list (E-mail)
Subject: [expert] telnet server not working...

A while back, I reported here that telnet server wasn't working.  I got a
couple of good suggestions, but they didn't work.  Now I really need to have
a telnet server working.  I am running LM 6.0 and inetd.  inetd.conf looks
right and it appears to try to load in.telnetd when I try to connect via a
telnet session.  But the secure log shows that it was unable to load/execute
/usr/sbin/in.telnetd.  It's really there and has rwxr-xr-x permissions,
which is correct.  And that makes me assume that inetd is recognizing that
there was an attempt to connect on tcp port 23 and did try to load
in.telnetd correctly.