On Sat, 9 Sep 2000, Dr Michael Powell, Ph.D. wrote:

> Cher Monsieur; un ecrit: est une compagnie entertainmaent française, est
> que là où vous avez trouvé votre " netiquet". Son l'année 2000 si vous
> ne pouvez pas manipuler le HTML, ce monsieur, est un problème personnel.
> Jusque ma signature 2, j'emploie leur traînée 60 libre pour voir qui je
> souhaite utiliser.

In my experience, most of us who do our work on platforms running some
Unix variant use email readers like Elm or Pine, which do not handle
bandwidth-wasting HTML well. It's no surprise that, given the recent
popularity of Linux, many users turn to the built-in email functionality
of Netscape, since the browser is part of most all distributions. However,
it's quite easy to turn HTML off, and I can't really see any reason not to
when posting to this list. As for this particular poster, though, I've
added a filter to trash any message from a user whose "From:" string
contains both "Dr" and "Ph.d.".

/b
--

Barry Marler