hello list.  seems I'm eating some crow today.  The version of gnome that is
included with 7.2 is fast, agile, intuitive and overall excellent.  It's weird
because it seems the KDE and Gnome have traded places.  Previously KDE was
sort of ugly and utilitarian but pretty fast and very useful while gnome was
very slow and clunky.  KDE 1.9.3 is beautiful....and sllooooooow.  I changed
the taskbar icons to be bigger and now the applications don't work and I can't
figure out how to change them back.  Funny huh?

Anyway, I am really writing because I now can only access my sound card as
root.  I was able to access it as all users until I installed the 3dfx drivers
for my voodoo5.  I figure it is probably a simple permissions problem but I
don't know where to start because mandrake has always set my sblive up
perfectly previously.  Any help you can offer will be totally appreciated.
Thank you.

Abe

Jesus saves,
Allah forgives,
Chthulu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.