Abe wrote:

> Ah thank you.  That fixed everything except that users cannot play CDs.  Users
> can only mount the cdrom drive if it has a data cd in it.  Weird huh?  When a
> user attempts to mount a music cd in teh drive you get an error that says
> "Could not determine the file system type and none was specified."
> Input/Output error.  This does not happen with root.
>
> I don't get it and I am waaaaay to sleep y to try right now.  Thanks again.
>
> Abe

Simple: you DON'T ever mount an audio cd. All audio programs
that I know of, simply use directly the DEVICE (usually /dev/cdrom)
without mounting anything.
In fact the mount command requires a file system. To push the analogy
a little further, you can read (or write) to a "raw" hard disk
partition
(e.g. /dev/hda1) but you cannot mount it unless it is properly
formatted
with some file system known by Linux.

Note: the above is just an example, DON'T try to write to "raw"
/dev/hda1,
the write would work but would likely destroy your existing partition

Jean-Louis Debert        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
74 Annemasse  France
old Linux fan