Hi Benjamin,
You've actually got a couple of options here
All this assumes your not booting to runlevel 1 of course (ie your getting
a login prompt each time you boot)

Firstly, at a $ prompt...you can type 'exit' to logout and get another
login prompt
Secondly, if your still running the same number of consoles as standard,
press ALT+F2 to go to the second console and log into that as the other
user (ALT+F1 to return). Bear in mind that you've only one X server so you
cant startx on the second console while your running x on the first.

Oh for the sake of completeness
CTRL+ALT+Fx brings up console x while youre in X (Can't go to the console
you started x on)
ALT+F8 takes you to the x window if your running x and in another console

Hope this helps

Andrew