On Sat, 16 Sep 2000, Tom Wike wrote:

> Hello,
> Does anyone have any experience with Verizon/GTE DSL and Mandrake??
> Thanks in advance.

I have DSL from Verizon/GTE and it works great under any distro.  However,
I think it is the ISP you have to worry about.  Around here Verizon/GTE
only supplies the line, so you have to get a separate ISP.  My ISP does
not use pppoe or any thing like that, all I had to do was plug it in and
go, just as if I was on a large network.  My ISP also gives out static IPs
so DHCP or BOOTP was not a problem.  I think your best bet would be to
talk to your ISP and see what they are using.  From what I hear though, it
should work even if they do require pppoe or DHCP . . . good luck!