If you run screen in tty6 as well, you can snatch control of the "session".
I know there are people on this list that use screen like this.  They go up
to the physical terminal, login, and run screen.  when they are done, they
detach the screen session from the tty and the session continues to run
without an active tty.  They go to another machine, remotely login to the
first, start screen and reattach to the first session.

There probably is a utility out there for grabbing the tty and redirecting
to a virtual terminal.  I never tried to do that tho.  My understanding is
that you need to replace the tty package with a debugging version but don't
quote me on that.

Matthew