Hi,
I am was running fine Mandrake 7.0 kernel 2.2.14-15mdk on a i586. I am using
SAMBA to provide access between Linux and a couple of windows machines. One
of the windows machines (98SE), has a habit of committing suicide at regular
intervals (Thanks Micro$oft). After I have resuscitated the windows machine,
and try to access it through midnight commander, I get a largered banner
that says :File PROXY exists but cannot be stat-ed: Input/output error.

If, from the command line, I cd PROXY, then do an ls, I get

smb_retry: signal failed, error -3
smb_retry: signal failed, error -3
ls:.:Input/output error

Any ideas how to re-establish the link without having to reboot linux??

TIA

Barry