----- Original Message -----
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, September 17, 2000 4:28 PM
Subject: [MandrakeForum] WIN2K

> WIN2K
> (http://forum.mandrakesoft.com/article.php3?sid=20000917132808)
>
> Nacho writes "Can't install Mandrake Linux 7.1 on WIN2K. Please help,
>
> Nacho "
>
> Answer: Problem is: we can not resize NTFS.
> DiskDrake can only resize FAT, Ext2 and Reiser FS, and NTFS support in
Linux in general is very bad.

> In order to get Linux and NT (with NTFS) co-exist, either you have to tell
NT to leave part of the HD for Linux, buy a separate HD for linux, or use
"Partition magic" (I think this prog. can resize NTFS) which is included in
MacMillan packages of LM.

   The PM included with LM CAN NOT resize NTFS partitions.
DO NOT confuse Win2000 with NT they are not the same.

   In Win2000 you can use the disk utility to convert the NTFS to Fat32.
DiskDrake or PM can then be used to resize that partition and then to create
a partition for the Mandrake installation.

   If this by chance was an attempt to install linux4win, it will not work
period, with Win2000.

   Charles