Thanks for the answer. The question is that when I say hang up, I'm saying
the I cannot do anything. I have tested the Ctrl-Alt-Backspace to kill the
X,
but the answer was nothing.

However, I have to admit that I didn't test the Ctrl-Alt-F1 option. I would
try the next time.
But, I think that the kernel isn't alive. Sometimes I have tried to make a
telnet from another box, I couldn't.

I accept opinions.

Leo

For really sticky situations look in the kernel documentation for
"sys-request" commands.  If you are in the current window (<ALT>F7) of the
xsession you would like to recover from you might be able to kill it with a
sysrequest (<ALT>+<SysRq>+k) there are many powerful options for this
however and reading the documentation is the best bet  =)
Hope This Helps,

Lonny Selinger