Did you try that using the switchdesk prog?

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Praedor
Tempus
Sent: Wednesday, October 04, 2000 1:38 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [expert] What's the magic file(s)?

Hmpf.  I tried that, adding GNOME to desktop in replacement of KDE,
then restarted linux.  It tried to start kdm anyway, crashed out
to the CLI and I had to use DrakWM again to get a gnome-session
running.  If I ran simply "startx" after logging in at the CLI,
it would try to start KDE and crash.  All this inspite of the
fact that I changed desktop to GNOME.

praedor

Alexander Skwar wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 04, 2000 at 09:30:46AM -0600, Praedor Tempus wrote:
> > I am somewhat stumped.  I have had to mess with this so seldom,
> > and things seem to change so often that I don't keep track.
> > What I refer to is what is the file or files that I need to
> > edit to make gdm the default instead of kdm?  I have looked at xinitrc,
>
> /etc/sysconfig/desktop
>
> Put in GNOME if you want GDM, KDE for KDM and I don't know what for XDM.
[...]