> Will prodemod ide-scsi (or is that modprobe?) just effect the
> second ( CD-RW ) or will it try to control the original as well?
> If it will control the original then should I remove a driver and
> if so which one?
> Joseph S Gardner

   Yes, it's 'modprobe'

http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/demos/Tutorial/CDburner/pages/

    Have a look there Joe.  It's for 7.0, but maybe you'll find
something of help.  FWIW, I've had a cd-rw (S) and cdrom (M) on the
second IDE in versions 6.0 thru 7.2beta3.  No problems at all with
7.1, both were correctly setup.    7.2b3 added a 'mem=256M' in front
of the 'hdd=ide-scsi' on the 'append' line. My cd-rw (plextor 8432)
wouldn't work till I removed the 'mem=' entry leaving only the
'hdd=' part.  'mem=' isn't needed by my motherboard/bios anyway.
--
Tom Brinkman        [EMAIL PROTECTED]         Galveston Bay