tables.sql, I'll bet, is a set of SQL instructions that will set up a
database and all its tables. You tell the mysql client program to read the
file and run everything in it.

first, in the MySQL manual read the part about adding users and setting an
admin password.

set up a user that the web server to connect to the database as.

you'll have to get the specifics form the manual but here's my cheat sheet:

log into the mysql client program as 'root':

#mysql mysql -u root -p

grant insert, select, delete, update on adatabase.* to webuser@localhost;

UPDATE user SET password=PASSWORD('yourpassword') where user = 'webuser';

next from the command line cd to the directory that holds tables.sql

then run:

#mysqladmin create tables
#mysql tables < tables.sql  -u username  --password=userpassword

where "tables" is the name of the database you are creating (I'm guessing
based on the filename)

the first line makes the database, the second tells the mysql client program
to execute the SQL commands in "tables.sql" as a particular user with a
particular password.

hopefully this will get you started.

good luck,

Gavin