J A Shamsi a écrit :

> This is a multi-part message in MIME format...
>
> ------------=_971268871-21800-686
>
> Hello
>
> I have a  program running on windows machine
> which updates a database, I want to display
> information from databse to my webserver which is on
> linux platform, the windows machine is on intranet.
>
> I can use either text or databse interface for my web
> server, but the problem is that how can I mount the
> files from windows to linux, i want to do it automatic
> so that every time the  database is changed
> updated inf can be diaplayed on the web.
>
> any idea about the problem?
>
> thanks in advance

1)
first you have to share the directory where the "inf" file is (on
windows)
from you linux box you can mount that windows share using:

mount -t smbfs -o username=johndoe,password=PasSw0Rd //winbox/share
/mnt/disk

(you don't need to run a SMB server on the linux box to do that)

you can cron it on the linux box and have some test run on the inf
file's date to check if it has been updated. (then push it wherever you
want on the net).

2)
You could also have a SMB server running on your linux box and have the
winbox save that file on a samba share, so you can access it very easily
from linux.

3)
another hint would be to have the winbox save the file on the linbox
through a samba share and use "root postexec =
/usr/local/bin/put_this_file_on_the_www.sh" so that when the winbox
unmounts the share after writing the new .inf file on the samba share, a
script is executed that puts it on the web.

I recommend you to have a look at the "using samba" book you can now
find shipped with samba-2.0.7

regards,
--
Sylvestre Taburet - Services Department ................
: MandrakeSoft, 43 rue d'Aboukir, 75002 Paris - FRANCE :