On Thu, Oct 12, 2000 at 07:42:52PM -0500, Jason Pierce wrote:
> I got a similar error message trying to do an ftp install.  I think mine
> was "Unable to load(or find?) the second stage image".  Sounds like the
> same thing to me.  I was trying to do an ftp install of Redhat and Mandrake
> (not at the same time) via ethernet connection to a 98 box with a lan ftp
> setup.
>
> Any ideas as to what the problem is and how it can be fixed?  Jason Pierce
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Have you tried specifying the IP address of the FTP server, rather than
the host name. That works for me for NFS installations. I conjecture that
the reason is that the target machine has no /etc/hosts file on it during
the installation.

--

                -- C^2

No windows were crashed in the making of this email.

Looking for fine software and/or web pages?
http://w3.trib.com/~ccurley