From: Warren Doney [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, October 06, 2000 2:52 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [expert] kdebase 1.99 still no good ?

Klar Brian D Contr MSG/SWS wrote:

> I saw that there was a new kdebase 1.99 on cooker. I
> have the same problem with this one as I have since
> installing 1.94. It unpacks most of the way, and crashes
> on unpacking /users/pics/ something
> This is the same place as 1.94 crashed. I understand
> that kde2 is still in beta however if it is stamped as 1.99
>  should it not be ready for prime time with very few
> exceptions? I have removed my /opt/kde2 dir, and all
> the rpm's previous to 1.94. Currently I am using
> Helix-Gnome and due to kde not installing, getting
> to like Gnome. Mandrake is converting people not only
> from windows but from kde as well if the packages
> don't install.
>
> BTW My system is an Intel PII - 450, 128M Ram,
> 6.4G IDE HD, Sony CDRW (IDE), Zip 100, with a Matrox
> Millennium Video. Kde has worked fine for me up to the
> 8/10/2000 release.

It is being updated *at least* daily at the moment for 7.2 beta. There
is probably a new version up already. As nobody has had your prob on
the cooker list, & KDE is being looked at *very* hard, if the newest
version doesn't fix the prob, I would suspect an incompatibility with
something on your system - Maybe your version of rpm itself, or
kpackage, if you use that - try different ways of unpacking it.

-WBD