Denis HAVLIK wrote:

> :~>Anyone (preferably someone who uses
> :~>Mandrake - aka
> :~>a customer of theirs) feel like dropping them a line and asking
> :~>them to
> :~>provide the necessary information to create a sitescooper .site,
> :~>since
> :~>they obviously have something set up for PDA-targetted content?
>
> If I had a palm, I would know what you are talking about, but I don't.
> And Same holds for this AvantGo thingy...
> I'm the one who is responsible for forum (http://mandrakeforum.com/), and
> you can bet your ass that I will provide you whit whatever you need, just
> ask for it.
>
> clear enough?

Dear Denis,

Avantgo 'content' can be used by any pda but the Avantgo program will only
work on a Palm Pilot. The Avantgo site is designed in such a way that those of
us who use other platforms, like the Psion/Epoc platform, can't find the
content without using the Avantgo program. This ties the content to the Palm
Pilot when we could easily read and use the content if it was just placed in a
location where it was accessible.. If a company like Mandrake provides content
of interest to all Linux-PDA users in a place where it is only available to
Palm Pilot users it is extremely frustrating. All we need is the url of the
start page of the actual Mandrake content. We won't be able to follow the link
from the Avantgo Homepage.

Traci