Dear people,

I tried to install Mdk 7.2 rc1 on my new computer, with a IBM 15 go HD on
a htp 366 controler (udma66 hd). The boot kernel recognized the controler,
but the computer froze during the partition check (more or less, the
freeze point is not constant). Has someone managed to install Mdk 7.2 with
such a controller ?
W.....s 98 does work, as did Mdk 7.1. But linux didn't work very well.
hdparm -t /dev/hde gave me 2.8 mb/s, which is quite slow even without 32
bit access. I suspect a hardware failure.

Any ideas ?

Pascal Grosse

P.S. SuSE Linux 7.0 fail also to work well with the controler.