>I don't understand, dhcpd should just use the address of the NIC.  How
>does it know "the address is already in use"?

Nope! try setting the ipaddress for DHCPD as .0 example 192.168.20.0 and
then set your range to start with your nic address like 192.168.20.20 -
192.168.20.40

>Perhaps there is more that one dhcpd running on the box.  What does the
>log file say?  What does the output from ifconfig say?  What does your
>dhcpd.conf file say?

Only if he has several or virtual address's which will all have to have an
entry/declaration even if their not used to give address out.

Phil Connor
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Registered Linux User #189889