Hello everybody.

I have an Adaptec 2940 SCSI card with a hard drive plugged into it.  My
problem is that, when booting linux, the SCSI card goes into an infinite
reset loop about half the time and I can't boot.

What is *weird* about this is if my computer has been turned off for a
while and I turn it on, it always fails to boot, whereas if I've been
running windows for about half an hour already, it will generally work
perfectly.

Last time I had Mandrake installed, it didn't try to load the aic7xxx.o
module unless I told it to, that way it would always boot and I would only
risk crashing the computer with "insmod aic7xxx" if I needed to get
something off of that hard drive.  But now it always tries to load the
module at boot time.. How can I tell it not to?

Or, even better, if someone could tell me what might be causing the card to
not work unless it's been in windows for a while, I could fix the problem
once and for all.  It would be a major step towards reducing my dependence
on windows... I can't think of a more noble cause!!!

Thanks for your help,
        Tom

P.S.  If anyone has some knowledge of this sort of thing and wants
additional information I'll be happy to provide it.  8-)  Thanks again!

Tom Eastman     <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
ICQ:            13660569
Cellphone:      +64 21 44 93 44
PGP Key ID:     0xA138D6AE
http://vacantsound.iwarp.com

"Sometimes I think that the surest sign that intellegent life exists
elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."