> First, there's no real useful information about how to configure
> a printer.  Does anyone have any advice on how to do it?  When I first
> installed WP on UNIX, it was in about 1991 on Solaris (actually, it might
> have been SunOS), and at the time, printer support was so bad I
> had to write a shell script to read /etc/printcap and convert it
> into the internal WP printer config file format.  We also had over
> 200 printers on the network, too.  :-)  I don't mind hacking up
> the config files, if that's what it takes.

It's unclear to me what your problem is if you understand printcap.  WP
provides two print options, one is to use your printcap printers and the
other is to use a Wine print facility.  Don't even know what the later is
but it uses printcap designations just fine.  In short, I haven't "set
up" anything within WP to print; it's just not needed.

> Second, every so often, when I exit Wordperfect, the entire system hangs
> hard, and requires a power cycle to fix it.  If I want that kind of
> reliablility, I'll use Windows.  Has anyone else run into this, and, if
> so, have the found a fix?

Not sure what you're doing to cause this and I haven't had the
problem.  Looks to me that all WPO is doing is dumping the file into the
proper print queue and Linux is handling the chore.

Cheers --- Larry