I am running a Mandrake 7.1-ish system (with a number of 7.2 rpms installed).
I installed the first set of rpms for kde2.0 (and qt2-2.2.1) and gave it a
shot.  It MOSTLY works ok, but there are a few problems that are driving me
nuts.

First off, I have seen conflicting messages about the existence of kappfinder
in kde 2.0.  If it is supposed to exist, it does not on my system after
installing all the kde 2.0 rpms.

The REAL problem, however, is that as a user, if I right-click on any of the
drive (mount point) icons on my desktop (DOS_hda1, DOS_hdb6) and select
"properties", it immediately wrecks my wm/kfm.  By this I mean that after a
very brief instance of disk activity, the wm stops refreshing and it will no
longer function properly.  Right-clicking on the desktop produces no menu.
Middle-clicking produces no app list.  Nothing.  The panel still works and
any app I am running at the time is fine.  The only way to get my desktop
back is to logout and login again.

Finally, I can see no way to create a proper icon for my zip drive.  This
whole mess I mention above was discovered while trying to fix a broken zip
icon.  As root I can browse my zip drive but as a user (unlike with kde-1.1.2
so it is not an fstab problem...it worked until I installed kde2.0) I cannot.
 Instead, I get an error message about the filesystem type being wrong or
something.  Also, the icon was all wrong and I wanted to simply change it.
Hence, I selected "properties" that first time and discovered this problem.
Ultimately, I deleted the damn zip icon with the intention of creating a new
kdelnk to that piece of hardware.  Oops.  I find that I am not given any
option for producing the new hardware icon.  I am offered a new floppy device
or a new cdrom device.  That's it (?!)

How do I create a new kdelnk for my zip drive, one that will forthwith allow
me to select "properties" when I right-click on it and alter it to my heart's
content?

I even went so far as to uninstall EVERYTHING having to do with kde and qt
and reinstalled it all from scratch.  The problems remain.

Anyone have an answer?

praedor