From: "Bill Barnes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, October 27, 2000 2:09 PM
Subject: [expert] Coyote firewall connection

Have had Coyote linux installed on a 486 for about 3 months.  2 Debian boxes
were connected and running correctly.

Replaced the Debian OS on 1 box with Mandrake 7.1 and lost that connection.
Still connected with the remaining Debian box.

I can ping all machines in the network from Mandrake.  Reset the cable modem
and rebooted the firewall.  Netscape does not find the connection.

Compared Mandrake with Debian configuration and they seem to agree.

Can you tell me what I might be missing or give me some Mandrake settings.
When Netscape attempts the first connection it displays:
Warning:  the following hosts are unknown:
   home.netscape.com
   home6.netscape.com
   internic.net

I don't know Mandrake well enough to know what files are involved.  Debian
differs slightly from other distro's.

Appreciate your help.

Bill Barnes

http://home.netscape.com/webmail