Normally you shouldn't have a problem.  Seeing that the Celeron has a 66 MHz
FSB (front side bus) you need to make sure that you have a m/b chip set that
can handle 100 MHz.  (Quite abundant at the time that the Celeron 300A was a
hot item.)

For some reason my brother had lots of problems when he did almost the same
CPU upgrade that you are talking about.  He had a Celeron 300 (no 'A') slot-1
and he got a PentiumIII slot-1 to replace it.  Before he did the upgrade, he
had to upgrade his motherboard BIOS to get support up to 750 MHz. (Before it
would only go up to something like 500 MHz.)  The first problem that he
noticed when he upgraded was that on boot while doing the self check, the
system reports a firmware error.  Once he gets into Linux (mdk 7.1), his
system will now lock up tight when he tries to play music under X.  (Sound
Blaster 128 PCI card.  Works fine under mdk 7.1 on my system and used to work
fine on his system before the upgrade.)  What is really weird about that is
that his sound works fine under Windows ME.  In fact his system is more stable
under Windows ME than 98 (it still says nothing compared to what I normally
experience under Linux), but when I tried it my system would literally crash
every 5 to 10 minutes depending if I actually used it or just let it sit there
with nothing running.  (I have a 400 MHz K6-3 with a Tyan Trinity S1598 m/b.)
My brother hasn't tried the latest ALSA drivers yet, so there may still be
hope in getting sound that does not lock up the system.

If this concerns you, you could tell me the make and model of your motherboard
and I could ask my brother once again exactly what he has.