Hi!

Something similar happened to me, first with a cpqarray RAID card (in a Compaq
Prosignia 500) and then with a megaraid (in a Dell PowerEdge 4200).
In both cases the installation detected the card or let me specify it being
found with autoprobe options. I could install correctly but after the
installation the kernel could not mount the root directory.
I had to create my own initrd image with the module needed
(cpqarray.o/megaraid.o) boot with a floppy using that initrd.img and then copy
it to the harddisk and reinstall lilo.

I tried to report the bug to Mandrake but due to e-mail problems with my ISP I
don't know if the bug has been reported.

Hope it helps you.
(If not, gimme more info please).

El dom, 29 oct 2000, escribiste:

> Is the Promise Ultra100 card compatable with linux?  I put one in another box I
> built to run linux on, it's detected during post process, but during the linux
> boot it stops in the middle somewhere saying is can't mount file system 3:01.
> In trying to do a new install, the install stops at the point of installing the
> packages saying it can't find a media to install the operating system on.
> The kernel has the 'boot offboard chipset first' option compiled in, whether
> that makes any difference or not.  Any ideas?  Anyone using one of these
> controllers?
>
>   --
> Roland Hightower
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> http://www.kd5rh.net
> Linux-Mandrake 7.1
> Registered Linux user# 183785

     __
----/ /  _                     La oportunidad de
---/ /  (_)__  __ ____  __   dominar tu ordenador
-/____/_/_//_/\_,_/ /_/\_\     Linux User #98249
|              Miguel Pérez Colino                 |
|               [EMAIL PROTECTED]                  |
|           http://migpc.eresmas.com               |