ok I tried to do a clean install last night on an AMD 1GHz with 256Megs w/ a
TNT2 ultra. Install went with out problems till the dreaded Xconfig.

It did detect my vid card but none of the settings during the test worked.
So I continued on and finished the install.

I then used Xconfigurator and set it up that way did a startx same problem
on ALL settings would not start and the X server crashed. I edited the
XFree86 by hand same thing. Please note this is with both Xfree86 4 and 3
with the same prob.

I then did a DEFAULT install (shudders) and still the same prob.

Anybody else having problems with NVIDIA or should I try the linuxnewbie
article http://www.linuxnewbie.org/nhf/intel/distros/mandrake/mdk_nvidia.htm
which is for Mandrake 7.0 ????

I have not had any probs with the other previous versions of Mandrake till
now :)

What changed guys.

Cheers,
Eric