On Fri, 03 Nov 2000 04:11:06 Sridhar Govindarajulu wrote:
> I am planning to set up a hub/switch. In that case do I need another eth
> card. Currently I have a win client connected to my server.

Perhaps you don't. If you don't want to make an internal network, and just
want to connect both clients to the net. The manual in may cable-modem (Samsung)
says that you can connect the hub directly to the cable-modem (with a
crossover RJ45 cable), and the all the computers to the hub. They boot
and request independent DHCP addresses.

And a note: in Mandrake I have tested both 'pump' and 'dhcpd', and like
very much the first.

--
Juan Antonio Magallon Lacarta                                 #> cd /pub
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                     #> more beer