Submitted 07-Nov-00 by [EMAIL PROTECTED]:

> /sbin/modprobe nfs
> cannot locate the nfs module.

> The object file is in /lib/modules/fs/nfs.o?

That is indeed the module.

> I added it to /lib/modules/fs/modules.dep just for the hell of it and then
> did a modprobe nfs and I got a bunch of unresolved symbol errors?

try depmod -a and see if it rebuilds its dependancies (and module database)
correctly.

--
Anton Graham                            GPG ID: 0x18F78541
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                 RSA key available upon request

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.  Inside of a dog, it is too
dark to read.