Am Mittwoch 08 November 2000 16:54 schrieben Sie:

> > George, thanks for the info.
>
> I must say, strange answers : george is pretty sure that it can be done!
> Brukhard is absolutely certain it can't !!!
> Ashley Moore.
>

>                     pgeorges
>                     <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>        To:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent by:                          cc:     (bcc:
> Ashley Moore/Salmaniya/BatelcoNotes) [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject:     Re: [expert] Upgrade from within Linux kesoft.com
>

>                     11/08/2000 03:26 PM
>                     Please respond to expert
>
> Ashley Moore a écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > Can anybody tell me if its possible to initiate the upgrade / install
> > process off the CD from within Linux
>
> Yes. With liveupdate (on CD 1).
>

> Keep in touch with http://mandrakeforum.com:
> Subscribe the "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" mailing list.

Sorry, just a  bit conservative. I never used live update. Just my opinion
has always been to back-up data you need and do a fresh install instead of a
system with a mix of old and new. And do not forget: Update will last hours!!!

Regards and sorry for any trouble

Burkhard
--
Microsoft is not dead, it just smells funny