On Thu, 09 Nov 2000, you wrote:
        I suffered through a protracted problem changing from serial to ps/2
mouse recently, and I solved it by typing

dd if=/dev/ttyS0 of=mouse.droppings count=100 bs=1

and moving the mouse around as I hit return. I got 100 bytes of data.

When I tried

dd if=/dev/psmouse of=mouse.droppings count=100 bs=1

I got nothing. Use the nodes in /dev, and remake them if necessary. It could be
my problem - your kernel may not support it :-(. I spent some time figuring that
out myself.

>  > > > > just installed 7.2 over weekend and its really great and nearly all
is > > > > working except my usb-mouse ( MS Intellieye). Its working during

> make sure that the USB service is started at boot time and *after* taht that
> GPM services are started...

        Regards,

        Declan Moriarty

Applied Researches - Ireland's Foremost Electronic Hardware Genius

        A Slightly Serious(TM) Company

Don't you get browned off with stupid quotes on the bottom of sig files?