Phil Connor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Thursday 09 November 2000 06:45 pm, you wrote:
>
> > > Internal (atapi) Zip drives appear not to work properly
> > in MDK 7.2 with supermount (as the installation sets them
> > up).
>
> I have not yet seen this problem. I use mine for file backups and have never
> had a problem removing the disk

Truly bizarre.  I have two installations on two different
machines and neither one works (cannot eject zip).

These are both 100MB internal atapi Zips, one 3 years old and the
other from this summer.

Even without the icon, if you just cd into /mnt/zip in shell window,
and then cd out or even close the shell window, pushing the eject
button on the zip does nothing.  You can explicity umount /mnt/zip
and then eject, but that then hoses supermount for the zip.

This is exactly the same behavior I had on two other machines
with MDK 7.1.  Someone from Mandrake confirmed on this list
that it was a bug.

(This is all when running KDE, BTW.)

> > Of course, perhaps this explains why the desktop zip icon
> > that the install creates has the invalid URL of /mnt.zip.
> > You aren't really supposed to use your Zip drive with MDK 7.2.
>
> 7.2 created my supermount for it, but I had to create my own desktop icon.

MDK created zip icon for user accounts--with wrong URL.
Did not create for root.

Norm