Problem corrected,  the suggestion below corrected it.  Thanks for the quick
response....

-----Original Message-----
From: Anton Graham [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, November 10, 2000 9:15 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [expert] Expert

Submitted 10-Nov-00 by Lou Baccari:

> Hi,

>  I'm having problem with 'less',  if I type 'man less' I recieve the
> following errors:

>       sh-2.04# man less
>       There is no -= option ("less --help" for help)

Let me guess, you run 7.1 and have (t)csh as your primary shell.  Even
though you are running sh in your sample, it inheritted the parent
environment.  The original scripts that shipped had a bug in
/etc/profile.d/inputrc.csh where a bash user had put an = sign in a variable
assignment, causing the error you see above.  There is an update availavle
via mandrakeupdate or you can simply remove the = yourself.

--
Anton Graham                            GPG ID: 0x18F78541
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                 RSA key available upon request

Kindness is the beginning of cruelty.
  -- Muad'dib [Frank Herbert, "Dune"]