fred

>>> expert 11/06/00 23:07 >>>

fred

>>> expert 11/06/00 21:39 >>>

fred

>>> expert 11/06/00 19:32 >>>

It is possible to crash, reboot or otherwise kill a large number of systems
by sending a ping of a certain size from a remote machine.
An IP datagram of 65536 bytes is illegal, but possible to create owing to the
way the packet is fragmented (broken into chunks for transmission). When the
fragments are reassembled at the other end into a complete packet, it
overflows the buffer on some systems, causing  problems
Earlier versions of ping had this problem..but now I guess this is no longer
an issue..there is a limit to tme maximum size of bytes that can be pinged

Cheers
Aravind S