On Mon, Nov 13, 2000 at 11:14:18PM +1000, Dennis Robertson wrote:

> Hello List,
> I crashed the system for the second time trying to recompile the kernel (I had no
>problems with 7.1), but that's incidentally the
> reason I did an expert install.  Now 7.2 will not shut down;  it gets to shutting
>down the system logger and then hangs
> saying: INIT: no more processes left in this runlevel.  In /etc/rc.d/rc0.d the last
>entry is K99 syslog.  I have to use the switch to
> shut down and suffer check forced on reboot.  It seems there must be entries (and
>files) missing from rc0.d.  Can anyone help me to fix
> this please?
> Thank you.

OK, answering my own question, I found I was missing killall and halt in rc0.d and
killall and
reboot in rc6.d.  All works fine now but why would LM 7.2 miss important details like
that?  A
little test for "expert" installers perhaps?

--
Dennis Robertson  2/2 Sylvia Street  NOOSAVILLE QLD 4566
Phone: 61 7 54742343  Mob: 0419 535539